Sunday, February 22, 2009

Awakening Creativity Art Show







During the month of January I participated in a workshop through ReImagine (www.reimagine.org) called Awakening Creativity. It focused on using creativity to integrate the different parts of your life (spiritual/physical/emotional). We completed homework assignments that included writing, art projects, creative adventures, long walks, and journaling. Once a week we met in small groups to debrief about our experiences and encourage one another. It was a really unexpected intense experience...in a good way. I made some decisions in my life that helped me move forward to enact my destiny and got to know some cool new people along the way. The art show was a compilation of the work we did and some photographs that chronicled the shadow and future portraits we developed as one of the homework assignments. One of the photos above shows books hanging from the ceiling. Each participant compiled their work into an old book as a final piece for the show. The theme for the show was "steampunk aesthetic" (google image steampunk if you are curious)...hence the weird outfit I'm wearing :)

1 comment:

Tony said...

Ooh, I went to a steampunk-themed tea party last weekend, for which I bought a new steampunk shirt :)