Sunday, March 9, 2008

24 Hours in San Diego





Kimia and I had a great time in San Diego this weekend. I took an evening flight after a conference for the Arts in Saratoga and landed in SD around 7:30pm. Five minutes later I was downtown San Diego at the W hotel. I met up with Kimia, Brandon (high school friend) and his wife Larkin at the rooftop beach bar. We had a great time telling stories and enjoyed the cool ambience. I swear the music was playing off of Nick's itunes--I recognized every song! After a couple drinks we went downstairs to the restaurant (Rice) and shared a delicious dinner...closing the place down at 12:30.

The next day Kimia and I had coffee, got ready, had brunch and then shopped at some really cute boutique shops in Little Italy. We found some really good deals and had a great time talking to the store owners and trying on clothes. Later in the afternoon we sat outside in the W's lounge and entertained ourselves for 3 hours doing nothing-well I was practicing learning how to use my new Crackberry (I can blog from it!!! And take amazingly decent photos!) The waiter ended up giving us our drinks for free--I think he was amazed by how well we could amuse ourselves. At about 6pm we took a cab back to the airport and headed back to San Francisco.

No comments: