Saturday, January 26, 2008

SF Symphony

I went to the San Francisco Symphony with my dad last night to see Mahler's Symphony No. 1 in D major. No photos...I wish I had some though because it was quite comical walking from our car to Davies Symphony Hall during a torrential downpour in heels. We got absolutely soaked despite a huge umbrella. I survived though and actually had a great time listening to the music. My coworkers made fun of me for taking the tickets (my principal offered them to me) because they though it was nerdy or boring...but iI took the tickets because I had never been and I like to do things that are new. I love theater and concerts and the opera is cool too, but I wasn't sure how I would feel about classical music for 2 hours. What stood out to me though was that you could listen to the music and daydream at the same time. I just sat there and noticed things about the music at leisure while thinking about beautiful things in my life. So, it wasn't boring or nerdy and I think I'll do it again some time :)

No comments: