Friday, August 24, 2007

Mandy Moore @ the Fillmore





Nick, Kimia and I went to go see Many Moore at the legendary Fillmore last Wednesday night and it was so much fun. We were about 10 feet away from the stage and I actually got a video of her song "Extraordinary" but the blog is having trouble uploading it...maybe later. I will be honest and say that Mandy's music is VERY fun with a couple of drinks--we sang along to her songs, yelled out requests and acted like die hard fans :) She did sing my request (cover of Umbrella) and Nick's request (Candy) and then blew us all away with her new song Gardenia...I will say that it was awesome live.

Below is a list of Kimia's favorite moments...some of them are inside jokes but I have to post them to at least make myself laugh...

Memorable moments:

-- Getting a half wave from Mandy!!!!
-- Feeling really deep and connected to her while she sang Gardenia (I
really do like the song)
-- Bumming a ciggie from John O'Riley (Mandy's drummer) and getting dissed
by the Filipino guitar player
-- Acting like dorks in front of the bartenders who had zero sense of humor
-- Interpretive dancing to Paula Cole (she played after Mandy)
-- Do do DO do do... Dawson's.....
-- Drunken shopping spree at the ticket box office (what the hell did we buy
tickets for?!)

To answer Kimia's last question, we bought tickets to: MuteMath, The Bravery, Zap Mama and Matt Nathanson--oops!

No comments: